Friday 12 April 2013

Presentation of the NEBOSH Student of the Year Award 2013

DSCN5476
Ros Stacey UK Sales Director for CRS  presented James Green  from McCain Foods Ltd Scarborough with the their NEBOSH Student of the Year Award 2013 at a special event at Sahara Force India – Silverstone the home of Formula One racing.
James who is a Maintenance Engineer  for McCain Foods said “ since being given the role within McCain Foods  and managing a team of over 50 employees, dealing with legionella checks, managing contractors and all Health & Safety issues for the Scarborough site I decided that I needed to understand more about Health & Safety and started looking for a short training course which would meet both McCain Foods obligations and my needs to enable me to get to grips with the role and more importantly be confident and knowledgeable about the subject. McCain Foods agreed to sponsor me through my training, CRS came recommended to me by a colleague and when I researched into CRS saw that they offer a Sure Pass Promise, so that if I failed any of the course exams and could retake the course or just the exams again free of charge with the exception of paying for the NEBOSH exam fee/s, although I was determined I was not going to fail it was nice to have the reassurance of the CRS “Sure Pass Promise”. Stuart Clarke was my tutor for the course he was a great guy and made the course a lot of fun”. James finished by adding “After attending the course it has been a great benefit and now I feel I can challenge our HSE policy with confidence and knowledge”. James was accompanied by his son Joe.

1 comment: